Ipswich Nurses works alongside the West Moreton Health Specialist Palliative care in Aged Care (SPACE) team in delivering excellent palliative care consultancy service to all the RACFs
An expert nurse led RACF palliative care service you can trust.
Ipswich nurses recieve funding from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN under the Australian Government’s PHN Program to provide palliative care consultancy services in RACFs.
We work with RACF teams, GPs, and Hospital teams to provide a seamless service. Once a referral has been received, our team will assess the resident, conduct a palliative care meeting and develop an agreed palliative care plan.
Our expert nurse led service will:
- Provide specialist palliative care support for residents and their families.
- Support the nurses and care staff caring for residents
- Work with the resident’s GP and other doctors.
- Be available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days of the year.
- Training and education for RACF staff.
Ipswich Nurses acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation; and recognises the rich history, diverse cultures and incredible connections to lands and waters of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.